Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DST

Three days in and I can honestly say that daylight savings time is trying to kill me.

While I understand the logic behind wanting light at the end of the day as opposed to first thing in the morning, I don’t understand why this has to happen so early in the year. Are there really all that many people partying until 9pm, outside, in mid-March?

They aren’t doing this where I live, especially since we’re getting more snow today.

Alyssa has adjusted pretty well but Olivia…oh, my goodness, sweet Olivia is driving me insane with her almost 9pm bedtime this week. She just isn’t sleepy yet since her body is telling her it’s only 8:00 even though I’m insisting it’s almost 9:00.

And when morning rolls around, she’s groggy and grouchy (hello, my child) and doesn’t feel all that good because, yikes, her body is again telling her I’m waking her up at the ungodly hour of 5am. She’s not happy with me right now.

Which is okay, because I’m not too thrilled with having over forty pounds of six year old lounging across my lap for over an hour each night as I try and coax her to go to sleep. Well, okay, so I coax for the first twenty minutes. Then I sigh and demand that she go to sleep. Then, finally, I whine and beg her to go to sleep.

Yes, not my shining moments these days. I suppose I’ll have to give us both a break and remember that we’ll adjust…just in time to ‘fall back’ come November. Sigh.

No comments: