Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pajama Day

As I got dressed this morning, Olivia sat in front of the space heater in the bathroom. She watched me go about the room doing my thing to get ready to go to town for our weekly trip to the library and grocery shopping.

She looked down at her pajamas and asked if she could wear them to town.

I told her she could if she wanted to.

She asked if Lyssie was going to wear her jammies to town.

I replied that I didn't know. It would be up to Alyssa.

The very thought of going to town in jammies thrilled Livie to her very bones. She couldn't get over the idea that I'd let such a thing happen.

She did, of course, need makeup to dress the green monkey pajamas up but that didn't take longer than about thirty seconds.

She pranced down the stairs to show off her 'make over' and inform Tom that she was going to wear her pajamas to the library and everywhere else we were going.

He said, "Well, at least you'll be warm."

Ha. But true.

Olivia asked Alyssa if she was going to wear her pajamas to town too and at first Alyssa wasn't going to do so but after just a minute of thought, she decided it was a lovely idea too.

I was the only rebel who insisted on wearing actual clothes into public.

So today, we were that family at Walmart, the ones where the kids were wearing pajamas under their coats. It was fun for both girls. They were comfy and happy and I felt good for having let it happen.

The sad thing? No one even seemed to notice the pajamas at Walmart. We got a few odd looks at the library and Dairy Queen but everyone at Walmart seemed to think it was just another day. In fact, I was probably over dressed in my jeans and long-sleeved T-shirt. I think I might be getting old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs pajama days! On the weekends we all stay in our pj's unless we go out.