Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mall Walkers

Olivia had an appointment yesterday with the pediatric dentist. She needed a cavity filled and a crown placed on another tooth.

The work took less than a half hour and the doctor or his assistant came out twice in that half hour to tell me how well she was doing. I love that place. Anyone in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area looking for a pediatric dentist should go see Dr. Tim Olinger. For reals.

I asked Alyssa the week before if she was going to go with me to take O to the dentist.

She shrugged and said, “If we go to the mall after the appointment I’ll go with you.”

I laughed and said, “Yeah right.”

She shrugged again (she’s a shrugger just like her dad and R) and said, “I’ll stay with Dad then.”

But the more I thought about it, the better the idea of the mall sounded. We only really get down to visit the mall a couple of times a year. This was the perfect excuse to go and ride the carousel, eat a piece of Sbarro pizza and just wander the place in relative peace.

It was awesome how very uncrowded the mall is on a Wednesday afternoon. We’re usually there on a Saturday when everyone and their entire family is there. This was so much better.

I really wish I didn’t have to work but still had disposable income so we could hit up the mall in the middle of the week more often.

By the end of our mall visit, Olivia was done. The numbness from the dentist visit had worn off and her teeth were starting to hurt. She wanted me to carry her the last 100 or so yards to the car as we left the mall.

I only managed about half way before deciding she could suck it up and walk because that child is no longer three years old and less than thirty pounds. My back can’t carry 50+ pounds very far anymore.

We ended up going to Target right after leaving the mall where I picked up some children’s Tylenol for Olivia. She was tired, cranky and her teeth hurt. She didn’t even want to try on shoes. I knew at that point it was time to take her home.

Today we get to see our regular dentist do the girls can get their bi-annual cleanings. It’s a dental kind of week for poor Olivia.

1 comment:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yes, I so prefer the mall during the week. If we go on weekends, it's early, when it first opens. Then it's not so bad either.