Monday, June 30, 2014

No Swimming for You

June has been a rainy month around here.

This is good for our garden, not so good for our plans to head to the pool.

On Friday evening I mentioned the possibility of going to the pool on Saturday.

Tom said it was going to rain and I’d better rethink those plans.

Unfortunately, Olivia heard me mention the pool and it was all she could think about from that point on. Just before she fell asleep on Friday night she asked if we were going to go swimming. I whispered that if it didn’t rain we would.

The first thing she asked when her eyes popped open at 5:30 on Saturday morning was if we were going to go swimming.

I told her the same thing I’d told her the night before.

When we got home from grocery shopping it started getting cloudy. By 1:00, when the pool opens, it was raining.

I’m lucky, my kids tend to roll with the thunder (ha) so it really wasn’t that big a deal.

They were especially happy when we let them go outside and play in the rain. Tom and I stayed on the front porch because we’re boring adults but the girls had a blast running around and getting soaked.

It was no day at the pool but it was better than sitting inside and watching through the windows as the rain fell.

It rained again Sunday, so we still didn’t make it to the pool.

But we have high hopes for the Fourth of July. Tom, our wanna-be meteorologist has declared that Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this coming weekend are going to be beautiful. We’ll be spending that beautiful time at the pool, wearing Olivia right out. That girl sleeps really well on days when she gets to spend more time in water than out of it.

2 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I hope it stops raining for you guys!

Tiffany said...

I hope you get to go soon!