Friday, May 31, 2019

A Starting Line

So…yeah.

I read the blog of a lovely woman who has 14 kids. She’s adopted some, birthed some. Some are typical, some have special needs.

This woman recently wrote a post about her daily, hour-long workouts and what she likes (and doesn’t) like to eat.

She said she’s 5’7” and before starting her workouts, she weighed 125lbs.

Yes.

And she confessed that she hates to eat.

What?

I mean…for real?

She also admitted that she knows she can’t afford to lose even a single pound.

OMG.

Whatever.

Except, okay. Sure. There are must be people out there who don’t like to eat, who have incredibly high metabolisms and who struggle to gain weight.

I’m obviously NOT one of those people.

I want to lose weight.

I do.

I just don’t know, right this second, how to even get started.

I’d love to exercise. I mean, if I could find an exercise that I didn’t hate and that didn’t make me breathe hard and sweat and feel gross, sure, I’d love to do that.

I was a naturally thin kid. I ran, I rode my bike, I played tennis against the roof of our house for hours. I mowed the lawn, an acre with a push mower. I moved a lot and didn’t even think about my body.

I think about my stupid body all the freaking time these days. I hate my body so much. I hate my stupid feet, my horrible stomach, my disgusting boobs. I hate my jiggly arms and my short neck. I hate my thighs and my chubby cheeks.

I know that’s awful. I’m sorry.

But I need to start somewhere. I need to find a way to motivate myself to NOT eat all the chocolate covered raisins; to not eat my weight (which is considerable…) in Suzy-Qs.

I need to WANT to go for a walk, to fight the pain my feet and just get off my giant butt and MOVE.

What do I start?

How does one start working out for an hour every single day?

I only have two kids and I can’t imagine finding the time to work out daily for an hour. I just…can’t.

I know I will never be that person who gets up early to work out. And once I’m home, I can’t imagine actually leaving my family again to go workout. So…what do I do? Where do I start?

How do I fix myself?

No comments: