Monday, May 6, 2019

Eggs - One More Step Away

Olivia and I dyed Easter Eggs this year.

Alyssa was originally going to do it with us. I bought two dozen eggs with the idea that each girl would dye a dozen.

I bought them on Friday afternoon after work, boiled them when I got home and planned to have them ready for A and O on Saturday when we got home from the grocery store.

Alas, Alyssa was presented with better plans and so she ditched us.

Really, it’s not all that dramatic, I just like adding flair to my stories.

Olivia and I had a blast, she turned the fingers on her right hand green and declared it her Zombie hand. The eggs were pretty and made delicious deviled eggs.

It’s just one more area where Lyss is growing up. She’s pulling away and that’s a good thing.

She’s got two more years of high school before she’ll be off to college. These years are for figuring herself out, finding out what she wants and how she wants to go about getting it and for pulling away from the family she was born to and finding her people outside this closed circle.

We can be here, a comforting place to land when she needs a break from the life she’s creating for herself.

I pray we’re building bonds that will help her fly but still come home once in awhile.

I know I’m getting ahead of myself with all this maudlin stuff. She’s only sixteen…but she’s ALREADY SIXTEEN. Can you even believe it?

She’s go so much ahead of her, so much life, so much fun, so much love.

I hope she takes the love we’ve given her with her, reminding her that she’s so special, so amazing and that we’re always here, loving her, cheering her, missing her.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I asked Riley the other day what kind of food she wants for her graduation party. She looked at me and asked me "what is WRONG with you?" It's in a year dude...wait until I start planning your wedding.