Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big Man's Chair

We're still getting settled into our new house. Sure, we've been here for six months but there is still a lot to be done before I think it will feel completely like home.

I've painted the rooms downstairs, but one of those rooms needs a second coat of paint. It doesn't feel like a pressing issue, though, so when it will happen is anyone's guess.

There aren't a lot of pictures/decorations on the walls yet. I'm working on that.

When we first moved in we needed more furniture. We moved from a house that had 1800 square feet to a house with almost 2600 square feet. That's a lot of space to fill.

Last weekend, on the day before Valentine's day, Tom surprised me with a recliner.

I'd been telling him for months that we needed one. I love being able to sit back in a comfy chair and hold the girls.

When he showed me the chair he said it was labeled a "Big Man's Chair". I wasn't sure how to take that.

But then I sat in it. And then the girls climbed in with me.

Ahhh, yes, a big man's chair. Lovely.

And it couldn't have come at a better time. With Alyssa being as sick as she's been for the last week, we've done a lot of sitting, holding and rocking. She even spent one night in that chair, sleeping sitting up because her breathing freaked me out when she was lying down.

Yes, there's still a lot of work to be done to make this house a home but we're getting there, one chair at a time.

No comments: