Sunday, February 27, 2011

Irritable

I'm having a tough weekend.

Yesterday morning, around 10:00, I realized I was being so obnoxious to my own childen that I had to declare the day a 'No Yelling' Day.

Alyssa cheered.

I haven't had to declary a no yelling day in quite awhile. I've been pretty good about keeping on an even keel, letting things roll over me. But yesterday, everything was annoying.

So far today, I haven't had to make the declaration but I'm on the verge of having to do so. I'm tired. I'm annoyed and I'm irritable. My nerves are frayed and everything is driving me nuts. From Olivia's constant need for attention, to Alyssa's near-constant desire to be on the computer, to Tom's sense of 'humor.'

Why?

Who knows?

could it be hormonal? Sure, it probably is. I have a Mirena IUD, so I don't have periods. So I don't know when my hormonal cycle is ast it's worst.

Except, I guess I sort of do. Days like this are pretty good at letting me know.

I know I need more sleep.

I need to exercise more.

I need to find a way to have 'me' time.

I need to chill my butt out and stop being a bitch to my family.

Yesterday, I drank a Coke, hoping the lovely caffeine would help my mood. And it did.

But I don't want to drink one today for fear that I'll begin that dreaded cycle of NEEDING one (or four) every single day.

Maybe I'll just go take a nap (if Olivia will let me) and call it good.

No comments: