Friday, June 3, 2011

Cake

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that I love cake. Cake is just wonderful.

Which is probably why I find so much delight in the fact that Olivia often marches around the house chanting, "Olivia Cake!"

Her middle name is Kate. And she's not often called by her entire name. We just don't to that so much in our house. When they're in trouble, the girls know it without me having to resort to saying their whole names.

And one those rare occasions that I do resort to first and middle names, I will say, "Alyssa Louise! Olivia Kate."

Which makes no sense at all because while Olivia's middle name IS Kate, Alyssa's isn't Louise. It's Jean. But Alyssa Louise rolls off my tongue so much more easily than Alyssa Jean!

So...wait, where was I?

Oh yes, cake. It's so cute that she calls herself that.

Somedays, I'll randomly decide to call the girls by names other than their own. They find this vastly amusing.

Last weekend, they were Pippa and Poppy. Alyssa declared that I needed a P name too, and so christened me Paige. I felt like we were Charmed.

Anyway, I may be done having kids, but I like imagining what we'd name them if we were to have more.

And declaring Alyssa and Olivia are now Fiona and Zoe is just part of the fun.

Alyssa loves to ask me what her name would have been if she'd been a boy. He'd have been Ian. Olivia's boy name would have been Noah.

So sometimes, they are Ian and Noah for a day, the sons I never had.

I do love me some cake. And when Olivia Cake is running around being her sweet, silly self, I can't help but go in for a kiss.

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahaha so cute!! I love when kids mix up words. And I can totally here Cake in Kate ahhaha. I LOVE IT!!!

Tiff said...

That's adorable.