Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Curtains

With the bathroom painted the lovely white that it is and the blue, green and sandy tan accents, I felt the need to let the color scheme drift into the master bedroom.

Right now, there is hideous rose colored carpet on the floor and that's not going anywhere soon. So I vacuum it every so often and try to ignore. Sadly, it's in the best shape of all the carpet in the entire house, so it won't be replaced for a good long time.

Sigh.

But...I am good at ignoring things I don't like much. So I just pretend it's not there. And I keep my eye out for a nice area rug that could be placed in the center of the room and cover at least the majority of the carpet.

When we moved into the house, there were these awesome blinds int the master bedroom that block most of the sunlight that can pour in through the east-facing windows. I love them. They're great for when I have to wrestle the girls into bed at 8:30 on a summer night when the sun it still high in the sky. Tell them we have to go to bed, they go up the stairs bitching, "But it's still daytime!"

We enter the room with the blinds already down and suddenly, it's NIGHT!

So the blinds aren't coming down.

But I found the prettiest curtains that I want to hang in the bedroom anyway. They'r white with the exact shade of blue that accents the bathroom. They're gauzy and light. Perfect.

I bought them and intend to hang them.

But I haven't yet. Because...well, I'm good at starting projects but not quite so good at finishing them.

Anyway!! Once I bought the curtains I decided that my white comforter, with the one small stain needed to be dyed. I searched four different stores before finding the right color of blue to dye that thing. But dye it I did. And I love it.

Now on to the curtains.

I asked Tom the other day if he'd prefer the curtain rods to be in the walls or the window frames.

He said the window frames.

Okay...but it's hard work and so it hasn't happened. A few days after he answered my question, he said, "About those curtains...I thought that room had blinds."

"It does," I answered.

"Are you taking them down?"

I was horrified by the question. "Of course not! How would the girls EVER go to sleep if I took the blinds down? I love those blinds."

"So if the blinds are staying up, why are you hanging curtains?"

"Duh," I replied. "Because they're pretty."

He blinked at me a few times as if trying to figure out if I was serious, then walked away.

I was serious. I am serious. Those curtains are going up. Soon. Really.

Because they really are pretty.

The house is coming together slowly but surely. And I think Tom's slowly figuring out there that is no logic to pretty.

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

ahhahah logic and beauty do not always go hand in hand ahahahahhah! It is something that men will never fully understand ahahha. I almost forgot that you painted the bathroom. I want to see the curtains and new dyed comforter!!! What a great idea!

Andy and Jenni said...

Thanks for visiting our blog today, and for letting yourself be known! Spent a few minutes on your site this evening and will look forward to learning more about your family by following along :) Hoping you get some much-needed sleep this weekend...