Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bad Fairy

Alyssa lost a tooth yesterday at school. Wait, let me rephrase that. She pulled a loose tooth out yesterday while she was at school. It had been bothering her for weeks, interfering with her eating, just annoying her so she was glad to have it out.

Last night, we did the usual night-time routine, such as it is. Olivia fell asleep on me at about 7:45 and then at 8:30, after she ate a bedtime cookie, Alyssa brushed the teeth she has left and then we went upstairs where she put her tooth in it’s lovely jewelry case under her pillow, I tucked her in and she went to sleep.

Then I went downstairs to finish watching Dancing with the Stars and promptly forgot about the tooth that was lying innocently beneath her pillow.

I forgot about it until about noon today.
Oooh how I hope she forgot about it too and didn’t bother to look under her pillow this morning. I feel so very awful that I forgot to exchange that tooth for cash.

I have an appointment right after work to get my car worked on (just a routine flush of the coolant system, she says as if she knows what she’s talking about) and then I’m going to go home before going to pick up the girls and put the money under her pillow with a note from the tooth fairy, explaining that she was running late last night/this morning and got to our house after Alyssa was awake and while she was waiting for the bus.

Then I’ll go get the girls and we’ll go home. When we get home I’ll act all surprised that we forgot to check under Alyssa’s pillow this morning and suggest we do that right then.

I hope I can salvage my image as a good fairy.

No comments: