Monday, October 17, 2011

Manic Monday

I kind of hate Mondays. I know, it's the start of the week, I should think of them as the beginning of a week that might bring wonderful things.

Today is the start of the week that will end with me in D.C. with some of the most amazing women I've ever met.

On Friday I will board a plane in Toledo, ride it over to Chicago and then board another plane that will take me BACK over Toledo and on south to Washington, D.C. I will get to share a room with the amazing Julie and her husband and daughter.

Now, before anyone thinks, hmm, that's weird, sharing a room with a woman and her family, this is Julie we're talking about. She's the one who got married one June and the very next September invited me to stay with her and her new husband for a couple of weeks as I tried to find a place to live.

I was the maid of honor in Julie's wedding. She was the matron of honor in my wedding. I was the last person she slept with before she got married and she was the last person I slept with before I got married.

And before you all go and get those filthy thoughts in your heads, we shared a bed the night before our weddings because the houses we were sleeping in were packed. So yeah, sharing a hotel room with her and her husband and daughter isn't a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things.

But not only to I get the joy of spending time with Julie and her family, I get to spend time with some wonderful women who happen to be changing the world one baby at time.

So this Monday is the start of something great, even though I need to pack and finish folding laundry, and my kids are both hungry and need baths.

I'll probably always hate Mondays, if only because I have to get up early after two days of sleeping in (if you call 7am sleeping in, thank you very much, Olivia!)

I'm a sleeper, even if I don't get nearly as much sleep as I'd like these days. And so to me, Monday is the sign that my sleep is to be limited for another five days. Ohh, Mondays, you are so, so cruel with your taking away of sleep even as you bring greater things to come.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I cannot wait to see you! We will hug and cuddle (love that word) and laugh and cry and watch funny movies...I hope they have Bridesmaids...

Don't forget that we also slept together before Natalie's wedding...on the floor...while I was pregnant.

And to be fair, I always got a manicure before we slept together and I ALWAYS shaved my legs.

Love you!

Lauren said...

LOL! I can not WAIT to see you guys and OMG I will get to meet Julie's fam too?! I'm so excited.

Lauren