Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In

So I haven’t actually used Wednesdays in the past as a weigh-in day. And I might not do so in the future.

In fact, I stand on the scale every single day, so I guess I should really have daily weigh-ins. Alas, with the weight loss slowing down significantly, I don’t really want to talk about it every day.

Yes, I still work at it every day and I celebrate every small milestone, I don’t feel the need to record every pound I lose like I did back in August.

I struggled a little more these days than in the first few weeks/months but really, I think I’m still doing well.

As of today, I’m 32.5 pounds down from when I started. That’s with just under three months of working at it. I’m calling that good.

What is really good is how much better I feel these days. I’m down a full pant size, which, yay. You’d think, if you read and believe the stupid magazines out there, I’d be down two sizes, but no, with my build, it takes a full 20 pounds to get down one size. So I’m in a loose version of the next size down from where I started.

And I’m good with that too.

I feel like when I’m eating crap like I was before August, I’m not getting nearly the nutrition that I need. I’m one of those fat people who is actually malnourished. But when I work at the whole weight-loss thing, my health benefits because suddenly, I’m not eating empty calories. I want every calorie to count for something.

But exercise…the bane of my existence. It’s still not happening. I just can’t make the time. I know, I know. I’d feel even better if I’d move. But I don’t want to yet. Maybe someday. Maybe when I’m smaller and feel like people out there who might see me exercising won’t think, “Damn, she NEEDS to be running.” I know people don’t think that. I do. And yet, I can’t help but think that they do when I’m out there walking or attempting to jog.

So for now, my food intake has to be what works toward weight loss.

And it’s working. This month. I’m still taking things on a month by month basis. I’m not making any major goals or plans. Come November if I want a peppermint patty, I’m SO having one. Then again, I might decide that I can do this for another month. I might. I’m not making any promises either way.

It just feels really good to finally be doing something instead of bitching about it all the time. It feels good to know that I’m being good to my body. It feels good to prove to myself again that I can do this.

No comments: