Sunday, October 23, 2011

Making the Best of It

When Alyssa first heard that I planned to be away for a weekend, she covered her dismay with a a brave, "Well, at least you always bring back presents."

And she's right. I try and bring back presents. Of course, I'm only ever gone one weekend a year. And this year? Not at all.

On Friday night, she was snuggled on my lap, Olivia was asleep on the couch beside Tom and Alyssa whispered to me, "You're way better than presents."

Now that's what I call making the best of something.

I wanted to go to ShareUnion. I did. I wanted to visit with women I only see once a year. I wanted to hug these women to whom I often give virtual hugs. I wanted to laugh and cry and just be with these people.

But I didn't get to. Instead, I got to stay at home, spend bonus time with the girls as Tom laid on the couch and moaned in pain.

Poor fella.

But in the end, I think we've made the best of it all. We're together. In the end, that's the very best of any situation.

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! I love it! She is such a sweet heart to see the whole and important picture. This maybe my favorite post of all year ahhahaha.

PS Sorry I have been MIA I have been so busy and lazy but I am back! And I will be making your girls some cute girly things now that I have gone back to a normal pace.

Tiffany said...

That is so sweet! I'm bummed for you that you didn't get to go.