Sunday, March 25, 2012

Around the Wall

Sometimes the wall seems insurmountable. Sometimes, it seems so high and so thick that I just know there is no way to climb it or make a dent were I to try and knock it down.

Today, I went around the wall.

I looked at the girls' room, which is so much better than it was two days ago, I looked at the clothes on the floor that still needed to be sorted and the laundry in the basement that needs to be folded and put away and I looked outside at the green grass and the sunshine. I turned my back on the chores and walked around that wall.

I took the girls to the park, we stopped on the way at a little country store for Bug Juice and Dr. Pepper (don't judge, I had a headache. I'm just proud to say it wasn't a Mountain Dew) and away we went.

Olivia climbed and Alyssa flipped. They both swung high and Alyssa found a mud puddle in which she built a dam.

They laughed and soaked up the sunshine and the warm spring air.

And when we got home, the wall seemed a little smaller, a little thinner.

The laundry is still there, waiting to be done, the floors need swept and vacuumed but there are also three boxes of clothes sorted and stored, waiting for Olivia to grow into them and there are ten boxes of clothes that Olivia has outgrown that are going bye-bye tomorrow.

There are days when I let the wall overwhelm me.

Today was not one of them.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yes, sometimes that wall is impossible to get over...but it sure feels good when we can!