Saturday, March 10, 2012

She's Happy

We had to hit WalMart early today. We were in town by 9:00 so we could get in to see a doctor at Urgent Care before it got busy. Alyssa missed school yesterday due to a fever and a sore throat. I suggested we get her in with our regular doctor yesterday but Tom thought she'd kick with a day of rest.

Not so much. Her throat showed more redness and ick this morning and the fever was back as soon as the ibuprophen wore off. So off we went.

The diagonsis? Strep throat. Ugh!

So after Urgent Care we had to get a prescription filled for the antibiotics that will hopefully kick the strep. Because I'm all about effeciency, we bought groceries while waiting for the medicine to be ready.

We usually get one of those enormous carts that have the blue bench seats for the kids to sit on. I like having the girls contained rather than trying to keep them to one side or the other was we fight the crowds that swarm Wallyworld on the weekends.

As we wandered through the frozen foods, Olivia was singing at the top of her lungs. I'm not even sure what song she was singing but it was quite entertaining. Several people grinned at us as we walked past and a couple of times I smiled bakc and said, "She's happy."

Alyssa finally muttered, "I'm never so happy that I sing outloud in WalMart."

I couldn't help but laugh.

Honestly, though, I think the world would probably be a better place if more of us were so happy and so unself-conscious that we gave in to the urge to sing out loud while shopping for frozen meatballs in WalMart.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is so funny!!! I hope she's feeling better soon.