Thursday, March 22, 2012

Can You Help?

There is a little girl over in Eastern Europe who wants to come home to her family. There is an amazing family who is trying very hard to adopt this little girl and bring her home.

All the details are here I don’t usually do this but back in January I made two resolutions. One was to read to Olivia more often. That has evolved into three books a night, every night. I think we’ve missed maybe two nights since January first. She loves this. You guys, I feel awful that I didn’t read to her more often in the past. I always felt like we were just so busy and thought that two nights of reading a week was enough. It wasn’t. She’s shown me in her enthusiasm for reading each and every night.

But Albina, the little girl who wants to come home, right now her mom can’t read to her because she’s over here, trying to raise money to bring her daughter home.

That brings me to my second resolution. To give money whenever I can to orphans in Eastern Europe who are up for adoption because they were abandoned due to special needs. If Olivia had been born in the country where Albina was born, I’d have been pressured to leave her in an orphanage and never look back.

How lucky am I that my family has embraced my beautiful girl? How lucky is Olivia that she lives in a country where therapies are readily available to help her reach her fullest potential?

Please, if you feel led, click on the link above and give whatever you can to help bring Albina home. Please.

No comments: