Friday, February 8, 2013

All Warmed Up

I mentioned a few posts back that Tom’s gotten in the habit of turning on the space heater in the bathroom each morning before I get up. It’s a very thoughtful thing for him to do, one of the many things he does to show his love.

He knows I’m pretty much always cold and that little thing, plugging in and turning on that space heater really helps me start the day with a smile.

I told him a week ago that my car wasn’t heating up as much as it once had. He suggested that it was practically an arctic tundra outside and that it would take a while for any vehicle to blow warm air.

I let it go.

But then this week, I noticed that my car’s temperature gauge was running hotter than usual and since we’re still living in the arctic, I mentioned it to Tom because it was weird that it should run hot when, like I said, it’s flipping cold outside.

He told me to pop the hood when I got home and he’d take a look at it.

After looking at the, I don’t know, engine…he determined that the radiator needed heat and he added a gallon of anti-freeze.

The next morning, my car was blowing warm air onto my freezing toes within two miles of my commute.

Ahhh, heat. It’s my language of love.

This morning, Tom announced that he has to blow out the furnace again. He has to do this once a month during the winter months to keep the furnace running. We believe the previous owner of our house, who was also the builder, put in a furnace that is actually too small for our house. And get this…that guy was a heating/cooling guy. I think he went cheap.

But thankfully, Tom’s very capable of doing what needs to be done to keep the heat blowing from the registers.

He really does know the way to my heart, is what I’m saying.

1 comment:

Charity Deleon said...

Thank Goodness for handy husbands!