Wednesday, February 13, 2013

V-Day Prep

Tomorrow is the big day. It will be filled with love and hearts and chocolate and cookies and pickles and…wait, just to be sure everyone understands, Valentine’s Day is no longer about me and Tom as a couple. Oh no, it’s about the girls and their school parties.

I took tomorrow off work so I could do all that needs to be done and go to the school and hang out in Olivia’s class while the kiddos each brownies frosted with pink frosting and open cards they can’t yet read and hand out little gift bags to their friends.

Lest you think Alyssa is being left out, oh no, not at all. I will drop a dish filled with pickles and another with two types of cookies at her class.

I spent the Christmas party with Alyssa in her classroom and it was agreed that I’d spend the V-day party with Olivia in her room. Once you have a sibling, you just have to share your mom. That’s the rule.

But the real prep starts tonight when I bake the brownies, the two batches of cookies and stuff the grab bags with goodies.

This has to happen tonight because tomorrow will be filled with other stuff. Stuff like taking Olivia to our county health department for her second flu booster, then taking her to school. After that, I’ll go back home, gather the stuff for the parties and go back to the school.

After the parties, I’ll take the girls home, feed them something other than sugar and then we’ll head back to town for Alyssa’s gymnastics class.

It’ll be almost like being a stay at home mom, except I’ll know that the next day I’ll be back at work, a slave to The Man.

Okay, so perhaps that’s a little dramatic. Perhaps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really impressive ideas in about blogging. You have
touched some pleasant factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


My blog how can i earn money onlinelegitimate ways to make extra money online

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.