Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good

I almost hate to say this for fear the karmic powers that be will hear me type out the words and smite me for being stupid enough to do it but here to goes…things are good these days.

Sure, Alyssa has a cold and can be quite the pre-teen pill and Olivia hasn’t slept through the night in about two weeks but other than those trivialities, we’re good.

School seems to be going well for both girls. I always consider no communication from the school to be good news. In the past few months, I’d come to dread the ping of my email, fearing it would be a message from Olivia’s teacher telling me something had gone wrong that day.

But so far, she’s had a great month.

I’m way sick of winter (as I type this, we’re getting more snow) but then I remind myself that March is all of two days away and that means spring is sort of around the corner. Wheee! In fact, a couple of weeks ago, Tom pointed out that my hyacinth plants were pushing through the frozen ground.

So yeah, good.

Eight weeks into my current weight-loss program and I’m twenty four and a half pounds down. Hell yeah, I’m counting that half pound! It makes me feel that much closer to twenty five. I take what I can get when it comes to motivation.

I kind of like this undramatic life. Yes, it makes for boring blogging but you know what? Boring is okay with me if it means my children are healthy and happy and my husband and I are the same.

Like I said…good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blessed! enjoy!