Sunday, April 28, 2013

P.A.R.K.

Times are changing.

I realized yesterday that my days of spelling things to Tom in order to keep them from Olivia are on the verge of being over. Of course they've been over for us with Alyssa around for years but honestly, I thought I had a little more time where O was concerned. This is not because I don't expect her to be able to spell, but she's just to the point of pre-reading so...

Anyway!! We were outside yesterday enjoying a lovely spring day in Northwestern Ohio. It was as if winter had finally bid us a final farewell. (Alas, by Friday it's supposed to be back down to the 40s so, ugh!!)

While we were outside, I said to Tom, "If tomorrow is as nice as today has been I'll probably take the girls to the P.A.R.K."

Olivia stopped swinging, looked at me and said, "What did you say?"

I laughed and said, "Never mind!"

She said, "Did you mention the park?"

OMG!! This was a wonderful, lovely surprise from her to us. Tom and I laughed, we told her she was amazing, we celebrated her spelling coup. We also told her not to mention the P.A.R.K. to her sister because if it wasn't nice, we weren't going.

The little fink couldn't stop herself from telling her sister all about it when she got home from a recital with the grandparents.

Sadly (for the girls) it's rainy and chilly today. No park for us.

But when it is finally warm enough, you can be neither of those girls will forget my comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It great to know she is learning steadily. :)