Monday, April 29, 2013

Weight Update

Four months into this “I don’t want to be the fat picture at the wedding” weight-loss program, I’m doing well. I feel so much better than I did four months ago. I can say that without even grimacing.

I’m coming to a point where I realize that if I want to maintain my current (and hopefully continuing) loss I’m going to have to eat salads for pretty much the rest of my life.

See…I hate working out. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I detest every aspect of exercise. I don’t like the feeling of my muscles getting fatigued. I don’t like to sweat and I hate hearing myself breathe hard.

I would rather adjust my eating habits forever than have to take up jogging.

I have worked out twice in the past week to a ballet workout dvd and it was awful. But I also know it’s beneficial so…we’ll see.

So as the fourth month of this low carb/low calorie eating comes to a close I’ve finally broken the 40 pound barrier. I sat at 39.5 pounds lost for a week before that last half pound went away.

But I feel like it’s a huge accomplishment to be here, forty pounds lighter than I was four months ago. I can say now that I won’t be the groom’s fat sister at his wedding. If I’m honest, I will say that I still have at least twenty pounds to go before I’ll feel like I’ve really succeeded but I’m over halfway there and to me that’s an accomplishment.

And, get this…I wore jeans last weekend that are three whole sizes smaller than the ones I wore four months ago. Wheee!! I know, right?

I’m getting there. And the important thing is that I feel so much better. I don’t get winded when I carry laundry up to the bedrooms from the basement. I don’t feel gross each time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

For me, losing weight has helped me lose a lot of my own negative feelings. I know that often the weight is just a symptom but for me, the weight was the problem and I’m still working toward solving it. But at least I’m on the journey. And right now it feels so good to be here, in this space, in this skin. That’s saying a whole hell of a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tommie that is AWESOME!!! You should feel so proud of yourself! You ROCK!!