Friday, January 8, 2016

Honor Roll Me

Last night was a loooong. From the time I got home at 5:15 until after 8:00 I was either cooking dinner, cleaning up from dinner or helping one or the other girl with homework.

Olivia’s homework, honestly, has gotten easier as this year has progressed. Maybe she’s matured but I don’t have to work quite so hard to keep her on task these days. It’s a relief.

Alyssa was doing math homework last night and it was tough. It was percentages and fractions and multiplying and dividing and equations and have I ever mentioned that I have a degree in English Literature and NOT in math?

Ugh! It was so hard not to just tell her the answers because she was so frustrated with the whole thing.

At one point as I was helping Tom told Lyss to make sure that my name goes up on the honor roll next to hers since I was helping her so much. She made a disgusted sound at him and I laughed.

Alyssa is a very hardworking student. She starts her homework right when she gets home from school and is usually done by the time I get home. So last night was an exception to the rule; thank goodness for me because that math was…well, not so much hard as it was distasteful. I’m not a fan of math if I haven’t mentioned.

So we finally settled down to read a Junie B. story and I felt like I’d just worked a 12 hour shift.

This hands-on, engaged parenting thing isn’t for the weak, is what I’m saying.

No comments: