Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ugh...January

Okay, so I shouldn’t loathe January quite so much since it is Alyssa’s birth month. It’s also my brother Mitch’s birth month and so I have much to be grateful to January for.

And yet…it’s so cold and gray and the snow has been falling and the wind has been blowing. The girls have yet to have a full day of school this week.

If tomorrow weren’t Alyssa’s birthday I’d say we should just call this week done and hibernate until next Monday and just start over.

We’ll get through it, though. We get to celebrate the awesomeness that is Lyssie, we have her slumber party to plan and experience this weekend and then, we’ll be over halfway through January and that much closer to spring.

Why did I have to be born in the Midwest? I realize that just because I was born here I don’t actually have to stay here and yet…my extended family is here and I don’t want to deprive my girls of the relationships they have with their grandparents, cousins, uncles, brothers, sister, nieces and nephews.

So here we are and here we’ll stay. But I reserve my right to bitch about the weather whenever the need hits.

No comments: