Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Let's Be Realistic Here

I could go on and on about how I want 2016 to be the year I get my weight under control, get my house organized, focus on my health, be more patient with the girls, etc.

But let’s be real, those things aren’t so much resolutions as they are wishes that exist all year long and don’t suddenly become more important when the ball drops and the old year becomes new.

No, I’m going to be more realistic this year. My goals for this year are, I hope, more attainable.

I want to sleep more. I love sleep and I never, EVER feel like I get enough. I’m sure my husband would disagree about whether or not the amount of sleep I get is enough but he’s not the one in my head, dealing with being tired all the time.

I want to read more. I love to read and I never really just sit down and read. I make time here and there but I want to make it a priority. PS, reading to my children doesn’t count in this category. Junie B. Jones books are not my go-to books when I want to sit and read for pleasure. Yes, they can make me laugh until I pee my pants but they’re still not quite what I’m talking about when I say I want to read more.

I love movies and so I want to see more movies. Again, I’m sure my husband would say that I already see as many movies as possible, but he is so very wrong.

We all need to laugh more so that’s on my list too. Laughter is vitally important to quality of life.

I need to experience a massage given by someone who doesn’t ask after two minutes, “Can I be done?” Yes, I want to receive a massage by a trained masseuse.

I’d like to fight more. Fight? Yes, fight. I want to figure out what’s important to me and fight for it. See, I’m usually a go-with-the-flow kind of gal because most things just don’t matter enough for me to fight over them. Those closest to me have very strong opinions about just about everything and so I usually just go with what they want because it’s easier and I just don’t care as much as they do. But there ARE things that are important to me and I want to find my voice and learn to stand up for what is important to me.

Yep, that’s what I want for 2016. Sleep, read, watch movies, laugh, get a massage, fight. Sounds like realistic goals to me.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those all sound like great goals!!