Monday, February 15, 2016

Harmony

Last Friday after school Alyssa asked me if she could have some friends over.

First question was, “When?”

“Tomorrow?” she suggested.

“Are we talking overnight for just for a few hours?”

“Overnight,” she declared.

“How many? Because before you answer, I’m thinking two is ‘having friends over’ and three and more are a party.”

“Okay, two.”

“What will you guys do?”

“I want them to come over so we can sing acapella.”

Well…okay then.

She’s been mildly obsessed with the acapella group Pentatonix lately but I honestly never thought she’d want to invite friends over so they could sing together.

I love the idea, don’t get me wrong. I think it’s awesome that she and her friends are that much into music.

So when S and T showed up, S with her ukulele and T with her flute, I couldn’t have been happier.

They even let Olivia join their musical group. She found a drum set, a guitar and her recorder.

The four of them made beautiful music.

And I sat on my couch thinking about how lucky I am to have a teenager who would rather sing acapella with her friends and play her flute/ukulele/guitar than just about anything else.

No comments: