Thursday, February 18, 2016

Taking Turns

So on Tuesday I was sick with a headache. I managed to get through most of my day at work by pounding water and Excedrin but by 4pm, when I collapsed on our couch, I was done for the day.

Tom stepped up big time and managed most of our evening routine while I dozed on the couch, mostly with a blanket over my face to block out light and noise.

Wednesday morning dawned, waking a new me. I felt so much better it was as if a switch had been flipped. Whew, I thought, as I went about my morning.

Except…when I got downstairs, Tom was looking a little pale and explained that he was having an off morning.

His off morning turned into an off day and when I got home at 5:00, I found him in the recliner with a blanket, already almost dozing. Poor guy.

So it was my turn to take on the girls for the night. Thankfully, they both seem to be feeling just fine and frisky.

It’s times like this when I remember how lucky I am to have a partner who can step up and get things done when I can’t quite get off the couch. And the girls enjoy reminding Tom how lucky he is to have me around to fill in when he can’t stay awake past 5:30pm.

No comments: