Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Week

I love birthdays. My own especially. I know, that shows how very self centered I am, doesn’t it?

Well…

Anyway, since Tom and I have been together, I’ve extended my birthday to a week. He good-naturedly hassles me about it, but he always just shrugs when I declare that it’s my birthday week.

This morning, he and the girls greeted me with presents. Yay!! The girls were as excited as I was to see what was in those pretty gift bags.

And what do you know? It was blue carnival glass. A butter dish, salt and pepper shakers and candle holders. Did I say, “Yay!” yet?

Even though I was resolved to go back on my strict healthy eating plan as of today, my salad was delicious for lunch, by the way, Tom suggested via email this afternoon that I pick up a pizza for dinner.

I do so adore that man.

I told my mom this weekend that 40 doesn’t feel old to me. Well, 41 doesn’t feel old either.

I think 41 is going to be a pretty good year.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think 41 is going to be awesome for you too.

Julie said...

He had YOU pick up the pizza? Have I not trained you well?

Happy Birthday and Love you!

Want me to sing again?