Monday, November 28, 2011

He Can't Say I Didn't Warn Him

I can’t explain just how excited I was when I saw that Fear Factor is coming back to television. The fact that Joe Rogan is still hosting the show is just the icing on the cake.

When he first saw the preview, Tom’s response wasn’t quite as positive at my own. I believe his words were, “I never did like that show.”

I grinned at him and replied, “I did. I loved that stupid show! And I can’t wait to watch it again.”

He left the room not so much in disgust as in resignation.

But! To that I say, I warned him. See, once upon a time I joined a dating website and Tom did the same and he found my profile, emailed me and we started communicating. (I have mentioned before that Tom and I met online, right? No? I don’t remember and am lazy, so, yeah, we met online.)

And right from the start, I told him I love to watch television. I told him I also love movies and reading and long walks on the beach (okay, maybe not that last one.)

Of course, I also warned him from the beginning that, upon reading his own profile, I saw that he was divorced with three teenage kids and if he wasn’t willing/able to have more kids, he shouldn’t waste my time.

Obviously, he was willing and able to have more children and here we are today. And yet, somehow, he seems to think that being married with children might have changed my television viewing habits.

Poor dear, so delusional, so disappointed. Though I say he should count himself lucky that I’ve never watched The Bachelor/ette series. Not because I don’t think it would be entertaining but it’s never really caught my attention like other fluff shows like America’s Next Top Model, Fear Factor (yay!), The Amazing Race, etc. So many shows, so few hours of awake time…

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I think my boys are going to love that show! I usually end up gagging but I love it. ;)