Saturday, January 28, 2012

Caffeinated

I was such a bitch this morning. I couldn't even pinpoint why. Everything just irrited me so very, very much. The fact that both girls kept asking me "What?" after I said something, over and over again was a major annoyance.

It didn't help that Tom came up at 6am to tell me that it had snowed and the wind had blown enough to cancel our trip to Indianapolis where we were scheduled to attend the Butler University Dance Marathon. And as he was talking to me, in a freaking NORMAL volume instead of a quiet, bedroom voice, BOTH of his daughters woke up.

He had the grace to murmur, "Sorry." But it was too late, Olivia sat up, all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

And why was he up there? Not necessarily because we weren't going anywhere, no, he was up there to tell me that he WAS going somewhere, oh and by the way, I have two packages that need to go the post office, thankyouverymuch, which meant that since the girls were awake I had to be awake.

I hate waking up at 6am on a Saturday morning.

So the morning started out ugly and went downhill from there. Every little thing was an irritant.

So...while in at the post office, a mere four miles away, we stopped in at the outrageously over-priced grocery store to buy some milk, orange juice, bread and a few other necessities.

I also picked up some Dr. Pepper. Somehow, I knew that a little caffeine would improve my mood greatly.

And it did. I know...I'm terrible. It's awful how sensitive I am to caffeine. I don't usually indulge. But every so often on the weekends, I'll have a frozen Coke from Burger King, or a fountain Coke from McD's. And ohh, the sweet, sweet calm that comes with a hit of caffeine.

I sound like a freaking addict. And I guess I am. By Tuesday, after a couple of days sans caffeine, I have a raging headache that needs to be dosed with a couple of Excedrine, which honestly, is Coke in pill form, right?

You'd think I'd learn. But no. Today that Dr. Pepper was just so lovely. I'll probably finish off the bottle tomorrow and by Tuesday, be back to the Excedrine bottle, trying to get rid of the headache and bad mood.

At least Excedrine is very low calorie.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

LOL. Let me tell you about my caffeine addiction. Before pregnancy and kiddos.. I would go to sleep earlier because I knew that would make morning come faster and I could have my coffee! And... should I had not made my coffee the night before.. I would make it in the morning before I went to the bathroom so that by the time I was out.. there would at least be a lil' already in the pot that I could toss back!

Ooooh Caffeine... how I love and miss you my friend. Thanks for the post and bringing back all the wonderful memories. Might have to add a lil' to my decaf tomorrow morning... I do still keep it in the house... ;)

Lauren