Saturday, January 7, 2012

Once Upon a Mattress

Ever since we moved into this house, we've had a set of bunkbeds in the girls' room. But the girls have never slept in their own room.

Why? Because until last night there were no mattresses on the bunks.

We have a queen bed and a twin bed set up in the master bedroom. We've slept in there for the past, oh, seventeen months.

During the first five months, I actually liked having the girls in the room with me. Since Tom wasn't up here full time until January of last year, I didn't like the idea of them down the hall.

I know, over protective much?

But whatever.

Then...it's taken us this long just to get around and get actual mattresses. I know, lazy much?

But they're here and they're on the beds and they have sheets and blankets and guess what? The girls are thrilled to bits over their 'new' beds.

I made the beds last night while thye were at Gram's for the night. When they got home today, I told them I made a few changes to their room and they needed to go up there and see.

Ohh, the cuteness! Alyssa squealed with glee as she climbed in to the top bunk and Olivia grinned in happiness as she snuggled beneath her red sheet and blanket.

And the girls are right. Their 'new' beds are so pretty. A's is all done up in her signature blue and O's, the bottom bunk, is red.

I love having their room done.

Now...we'll see how long O actually stays in her own bed tonight.

No comments: