Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Cookie Kind of Day

If today had been a weekday, the girls probably would have had a school delay. Not a closure, the roads were cleared fairly easily this morning but surely a delay since we're in a very rural area and the buses have to go down a lot of country roads.

Since it's a Saturday, though, it started slow, with Olivia actually sleeping in until almost 7:00. I know!!

Then I laid around most of the morning, complaining about the cold. I found a small sliver of sun shining in the front window and positioned myself in front of it and when Tom found me there he covered me with two blankets. I finally roused myself when Olivia asked me to clip one of her toe nails. It was all ragged and driving her crazy.

Once I was up, I realized that actually moving around and keeping busy would keep me warmer than the weak January sun could.

Now it's time to bake cookies. It's just that kind of day. The weak sun is shining off the new fallen snow outside, the kitchen floor has been swept and the living room/family room carpets have been vacuumed.

And I've smiled at Tom more than I've scowled at hime today. (Though I have to admie that his commentary when I was cleaning up O's poopy pants deserved the multitude of scowls it got him.) I'm calling it good and getting on with the cookies.

I will probably even eat some of the cookie dough. It just seems like the thing to do.

No comments: