Thursday, January 12, 2012

Polite Smile

I had a whole post written, going on and on about wah wah wah, woe is me, I’m in a funk, why can’t I get out of it?

But you know what? Big freaking deal. So I’m tired. A million other people are tired too. So I want fifteen minutes to myself first thing in the morning? We don’t always get what we want, as Mick would say. But if we try sometimes we just might find we get what we need.

And I need to snap out of it.

Sometimes, things feel heavier than they actually are. Sometimes, we don’t want to go about our daily lives but we have to. We suck it up, we put on a polite smile and we fake it.

I have a birthday party to throw on Saturday and damn it, it’s going to be a blast.

We’re adopting a cat tomorrow and Alyssa’s going to be out of her mind with joy.

There are so many good things going on right now that just because by the end of the day I want to throw myself face-down on the couch and fall asleep it doesn’t take away from the good.

Maybe it’s the monotony but even that isn’t so bad. I like routine, I like knowing what’s coming next. So here’s to Alyssa turning nine, to her getting a kitten for her birthday and to Olivia continuing to pee in the potty like a big girl.

There are so many good things and I want to bask in them all instead of wallowing in something I can’t even define. So there. That’s that.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think part of it is the weather, don't you? I hope you get out of your funk. I hate being in a funk.

Just another mom said...

I should have read your blog before I wrote mine...now I really feel like a big fat whiner :-)!! ha ha. I know what you mean about there being lots of good stuff going on. Hailey is finally keeping her feeds down and gaining weight and Aubrey is getting over her nasty cold and Zach is getting really good grades...It is all good over here. I have to pull myself out of my funk too.