Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I started the new year just the way I like. I slept in this morning while the girls slipped down to spend an hour or so with Tom. When I made my way down the stairs at 9:20, I found them all snuggled on the couch, watching John Cusack's 2012 movie. Nice way to start the year, huh?

Olivia climbed into my lap and asked, "Are you done sleeping?"

I smiled and said, "Yes, for today, I'm done sleeping." The girl is learning how much her mama really does like to sleep. Poor kid.

We ate a late breakfast of eggs, toast and bacon. I had to bribe Alyssa to get her to eat all of her ONE egg. I told her if she finished her egg, she could have the last strip of bacon. It worked.

Olivia, of couse, ate the equivalent of three eggs. It's just the way she rolls.

Sine breakfast was late, we had a late lunch too. At which time, I made Olivia put on some underwear since we were all eating at the table. Ahem.

Alyssa joined us at the table in her footie pajamas. She asked me if she had to get dressed today.

I told her that no one had to change out of their pajamas if they didn't want to. We decided that is going to be one of our new year's traditions. No getting dressed if we don't wanna.

She didn't wanna.

Of course, I od think she should brush her hair. When one has hair that is over two feet long it tends to get tangled pretty quickly. She's still resisting at this point and it's almost 4:30 in the afternoon. So we'll see.

Tomorrow, I'll be fighting the dredlocks that have formed. Ugh!

We like days like this. Days when we don't have anywhere to go, days when there is no schedule.

We've taken down the Christmas tree and put away all the decorations. It will all go back up the day after Thanksgiving. Olivia asked me why I was putting everything away. I told her it was so we could look forward to getting it all out again in November. She smiled and went about her naked business.

It really is amazing how much bigger the house looks once we take down the tree. It's like we've gained six feet of space that we forget is there throughout the rest of the year.

I'm watching the snow come down and glad once again that I don't have to go anywhere. But I do need to get back to cleaning up this house. With the Christmas decorations put away, the other clutter is that much more obvious.

But hey, at least I'm starting out the year being productive. It balances my sleeping in until 9:30. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Happy 2012 to all!

No comments: