Monday, September 17, 2012

Snippets from a Weekend

Alyssa’s feeling much better. Well enough to complain about the nasty taste of the antibiotics I force her to take twice a day.

She was even well enough to take a bike ride yesterday. It was the first time we’d ridden since school let out back in May. Our summer was unbearably hot, so no bike rides for us.

Olivia wrote her name a lot this weekend. It amazes me how much farther along she is this year even as compared to May when preschool let out. I don’t know if it’s maturity on her part, a connection with her teachers this year or a combination of both. All I know is that I’m grateful for how hard she’s willing to work these days to achieve the skills she needs for school.

When the girls and I got home from the grocery store on Saturday, Tom was rummaging through the cupboards. Finally, he asked me, “What did you buy that’s fattening?”

I just looked at him.

He explained, “I weighed myself this morning and I was 156. I need something fattening.”

I offered to make chocolate chip cookies.

And I silently sent him vibes of hate. Seriously. Ugh!

And as of today, I think I’ve eaten more of those damned cookies than he has. Figures.

I mopped our kitchen floor this weekend too. Tom was impressed with how good the floor can look when it’s clean. Ummm, yeah. I’m not proud to admit that I probably only mop ever two or three weeks. I know, we’re so slovenly.

Oh, and I'm pretending that I don't now have a sore throat and deliberately ignoring the fact that I ate after Alyssa on Wednesday, just a bit before she told me her throat hurt. No, I will not have strep too. Not going to happen.

Just another weekend in the life of us.

No comments: