Sunday, September 30, 2012

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

The good: Alyssa's surgery is finally scheduled. While the scheduling department never actually called me back, I did manage to get hold of them myself. Her surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. Yes, this coming Wednesday.

I cleaned the fridge this weekend. I know, big deal. Except...it can be. Refrigerators, our as least, can get so dirty and the cleaning process is such a chore.

But yay, done.

Another good, Alyssa spent the day with a friend yesterday. She was there from about 12:30 until 8pm. Nice long day with a friend.

The bad: After I got Alyssa home last night, she felt warm to the touch. A minute spent with the thermometer in her mouth told me she had a fever of 101.1. Boo.

She's asleep on the couch right now (it's about 4pm on a Sunday afternoon. Most nine year olds I know don't nap in the middle of a beautiful, sunny fall day.)

We did make a trip to Urgent Care this morning to be sure she doesn't have strep again. No. 'Just' a virus. The doctor who saw her this morning thinks they'll still do the surgery on Wednesday.

We'll see. I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow and see.

So you take the good, you take the bad and there you have the facts of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping Alyssa feels better soon!