Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Seeing Patterns

The last two Sunday nights have been crap when it comes to sleep. I toss and turn and ache and…maybe it’s too soon to declare a pattern, but I’m going to do it anyway.

I slept so great last week on Monday nights through Friday nights. No aches, no tossing and turning. I didn’t even have to get up to pee on those nights.

Sunday nights into Monday mornings, I have to get up at least twice. I have to switch positions more times than I can count because my hips hurt or my back hurts, or my stupid boobs hurt.

I know, tmi. It’s my blog, I’ll overshare if I want to.

(Damn it, now that stupid song is stuck in my head…it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You’d cry too if happened to you, ooooh, oooooh, ooooh.) You’re welcome.

So what makes Sunday’s so hard on my old, fat body?

Laundry.

It’s got to be the laundry.

It can’t possibly be the fact that I sleep (or at least lay in bed, dozing) until 10:30. Nope, not that at all.

It’s the laundry.

Our washer and dryer are in the basement. The closets and dressers are on the second floor. Each flight of stairs is fourteen steps. Yes, Zane, fourteen. You have to count that last step, silly boy.

So, to take clean laundry from the basement to the bedrooms, I’m going up twenty eight stairs. I do that more times than I can count. But I only do that multiple times on Sundays. Oh, yes and I vacuum the living room and the family room. And I mop the kitchen. So…yes, I move more on Sundays than I do on every other day of the week combined.

I really should move more throughout the week so that I’m not so fatigued on Sunday nights. I need to build up my endurance so that I can sleep better on Sunday nights.

Or…I’ll start taking an Advil PM at around 7pm on Sunday evenings. That sounds way easier than actually exercising on a more regular basis.

I’m nothing if not extraordinarily lazy.

No comments: