Monday, April 15, 2019

Spectical Drama

I had to take a trip to the eye doctor one morning last week and drop of Olivia’s glasses.

This is the second time in three weeks that she’s had to have her glasses fixed. She’s had these glasses for just over two months.

The first time, she wiggled the arms (also called temples, for those in the know) to the point that the screws came lose and one fell off.

When I took them in to have the screws replace, the lady at the eye doctor’s lab broke the glasses entirely, so she had to replace them for free.

We’ve had these new glasses maybe three weeks…maybe.

While sitting around watching America’s Next Top Model, I can hear Olivia take her glasses off, wiggle them and then put then back on. The sound makes me cringe. I scold her each time and she looks at me like I’m crazy.

This morning I picked up her glasses to clean the lenses, which is what I do each morning and I noticed that the end of one of the arms, the end that goes over her ear, is cracked.

She can’t wear cracked glasses to school.

Tom offered to duct tape them but since we didn’t name our youngest daughter Gertrude Millicent Ordinary, she couldn’t go to school with duct taped glasses.

I made her wear her old ones to school and brought the frames with me to be dropped off and replaced.

This time, the tech isn’t the one who broke the stupid things so we have to use our warranty.

If Olivia breaks this next pair, we’ll have to pay for replacements.

Sigh.

Kids are so freaking expensive. Who was the one who told me to have all these (2) kids anyway?

No comments: