Thursday, April 4, 2019

Toilet Ball

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that Olivia sleeps with an odd array of items. None of them are soft and cuddly.

No, they’re all hard and leave weird impressions on her body after a night of sleep.

To recap, she currently takes the following items to bed with her every night:

Book light

Small ball (think tennis ball sized) with a mermaid inside, floating about in some kind of liquid

Small ball (same size as mermaid ball) with a light that comes on if you bounce it

Lid to a long empty shampoo bottle

Nightlight shaped like a turtle

Yes. Those are her comfort items for bedtime.

Whatever. They work for her so she doesn’t wake me up several times a night so…yeah.

Well, see, she doesn’t just lovingly place these items beside her bed each morning. No, she carries them all to the bathroom where she gets dressed and then, she takes them all downstairs to place them lovingly on a shelf in the living room from which she retrieves them each night, takes them with her to the bathroom where we do our thing and then carries them all back upstairs to her bed each night.

It’s a process, is what I’m saying.

An annoying process but usually not that big a deal.

Except when one of her balls falls in the toilet.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes.

One of her balls fell in the toilet last night.

It made a big splash and then just settled at the bottom of the toilet bowl, all glittery in the light.

Ick.

I didn’t let myself think about it. I just reached in and pulled that thing right out of the toilet. Then I washed it and my hands in the hottest water that will flow from our taps.

All the while, Liv was standing there with her right hand out from her body.

Apparently, water splashed the back of her hand.

I informed her, “Yeah, I’m not feeling sorry for you for having toilet water on your hand. It splashed in MY EYE.”

She laughed so hard she hit her head on the counter.

It was gross.

And funny.

It was even funnier when she told Alyssa, “One of my balls fell in the toilet.”

That ball, the one that lights up? Will now and forever be called Toilet Ball.

No comments: