Thursday, April 18, 2019

Track - Sophomore Year - Week 1

Whew. I’m tired.

Track season started with a bang on Saturday, April 6. The weather was lovely, the teams were kind, both the boys and the girls of Edon won the meet.

The next meet was on Tuesday, 4/9. The weather was much yuckier that day. The sun was out and the temps were in the 50s but it was so windy that it felt more like the 30s. Ugh. Being cold makes me tired.

The next meet was Friday, 4/12. It was at a school that was a full hour drive from our school. That meant I had to leave work two hours early since I work a half hour away in the wrong direction. And I always swing by and pick up my mom so she can endure these meets with me. She’s a lucky woman.

But even though the meets were only on Tuesday and Friday, none of the other days were ‘normal’ that week.

I went to work at 7:00 on Monday and worked until 4:30 so I could bank time for Friday’s early exit from work. I went in at 7:00 on Tuesday and left at 3:30 for the meet. In at 7:30 and out at 4:30 on Wednesday and Thursday.

Let’s add in the fact that I had to take Liv’s glasses to the eye doctor on Tuesday, run to the grocery store for turkey (Alyssa eats A LOT of turkey) on Wednesday and back to the eye doctor on Thursday with Olivia so we can get her glasses adjusted by a professional and…you guessed, I’m tired.

Lucky for me, I slept very well on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I slept very badly on Sunday, night, but who’s counting?

We only have four more weeks of track meets. Let’s do this.

No comments: