Monday, September 5, 2011

Baby's First Text

A Cautionary Tale.

Olivia loves to play with my newish cell phone. It has a camera and she loves that she can go around the house snapping pictures of her feet, her fingers, a sliver of my elbow.

She giggles hysterically as she shows me her picture, proud of her photographic abilities.

However, the camera can get a little boring after the fifteen or so picture.

And then all those awesome buttons seem that much more attractive.

Then, before you know it, your phone is dinging, signalling an incoming text message.

That message was from Julie, the only person I ever actually messages from/send messages to.

The message read: "??"

Yes. Olivia had managed to send Julie a picture of her (Olivia's) feet. The picture wasn't even in focus.

So, note to this mama. Cell phones are not toys.

I so hate it when Tom is right. Again.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so delighted to be the recipient. :)

And pshaw on phones not being a toy. Tell Tom to stop being a fuddy duddy.:)

Should Not Operate Heavy Machinery said...

my seven year old daughter LOVES messing with my Iphone. I finally had to put an Authorization Code on it b/c I was looking thru the pictures and there I was, IN THE SHOWER!!!!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Why do kids love cell phones? Even the fake ones they sell at the store they can tell are lame. They want the real stuff the thing that makes you stay in touch with friends and family. I don't get it... I just don't!!!! hahahah

The best part is how kids know how to work technology with out even knowing what they are really doing. It is fan-freaking-tastic hahahaha