Thursday, September 1, 2011

Results

August is over. I proved to myself that I can, indeed, do anything for a month.

I ate healthy every single day. I even realized that I actually like salads and fresh foods. Once I eliminated the junk, I came to enjoy the fruits and vegetables I was eating.

In 31 days, I lost 16.5 pounds. I even managed to start September a pound lighter than I ended August, putting me at a total of 17.5 pounds lost so far.

So, with results like that, how can I not decide to do the same in September? Remember, I can do anything for a month. I’m taking this one month at a time. No numbers are being set as hard and fast goals. Just continue as I’ve gone for another month. And come October 1, I’ll decide where I want to do, what I want to do.

New goals for September? Okay, fine. I’ll try to exercise just a little more than I did in August, which, quite honestly, won’t be all that hard, considering I walked ONE time in August. But I’m not going to set an exact amount of time to exercise. I will do what I can and call it a bonus.

Sure, I’d love to have lost 30 pounds by the end of September but if I only lost another 8 pounds in this coming month and hit 25 instead? That’s okay. It’s all a learning curve. It’s all in the name of health and feeling better. Oh who am I kidding? I do want to be thin. I’m vain like that.

But more than that, I want to feel better. I want my back to stop hurting every single night for hours on end. I want to be able to chase after Olivia in the evenings when she’s so full of energy and wanting to RUN. I want to be comfortable in my clothes.

After losing 17.5 pounds, I am not yet in the next size smaller clothes. Yes, my current size is getting baggy, but the next size is still tight and uncomfortable. So I’ll stick with loose and baggy for a couple more weeks before trying on the smaller size. I realize there are people out there who go down a size with every ten pounds lost. That’s not how my body works. I’ve known it for years so this is no big surprise for me. Heck, I know that even if I lose 50 more pounds, I’ll only be down three sizes from where I am now. But again, I’m okay with that. I’m trying to be realistic.

Results tend to yield more results. Doing this ‘healthy eating’ plan for a month has inspired me to do it for another month. Stepping on that scale each day and seeing even the smallest loss makes the rest of the day’s eating plan doable.

So here’s to September, the month I continue to eat smarter and hopefully move more.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Tommie. Wow. I mean seriously, wow. You have found a way that is so you to navigate your way to where you want to be.

xoxoxo
Lauren

Brittany said...

that is awesome! You should be congratulating yourself way more than you are. Almost 18 pounds in a month? That is better than some people do on the biggest loser and they are working out for hours on end. You should definitely pat your self on the back!

Just another mom said...

Nice job my friend!! We can do anything we put our minds too :-)!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

OMG look at you little lady!!! You are doing such a great job. And you lost 17lbs!!! Wow that must feel great huh?!? I am so proud of you!!! And like Brittany said, you should give your self a HUGE pat on the back... or maybe just a super big hug!!! hahaha Keep up the good work woman!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

PS Sorry I ahven't been by to visit and leave comments... I have been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy recently!!! And I promise I am going to get those head bands and brooches out to you. I don't know why I have been so lazy... please forgive me!