Friday, September 30, 2011

September Wrap-Up

Okay, so this was supposed to be the month I moved more. Well…hmmm…

I can say that I didn’t move less in September than I did in August. That’s something right? I went for exactly one walk in both August and September. I’m calling good and letting it go. Can’t change it now, huh? Okay, so if I went home want walked this evening, it would be a win, but come on, we all know that’s not going to happen. It’s flipping cold outside and raining and yes, I’m lazy. It’s a Friday and I really don’t think I’ll feel like walking this evening. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Sigh.

What I did accomplish in September:

I got the girls’ room painted. It’s lovely.

I painted wooden letters and put them above the girls’ closets spelling out their names. So cute!

I picked up comforters on clearance at WalMart (I know!) in the blue Alyssa loves and the red Olivia loves and they’re sitting so lovely in linen closet (wheee, I have a linen closet!) waiting for that twin mattress I keep reminding Tom that we need to go on the bunk beds so we can move those sweet, lovely, kicky girls into their own room.

I’ve started crocheting afghans for the girls in, you guessed it, blue and red. They’ll be Christmas presents if I manage to finish them by late December. It could happen.

I have all the pants I’ve outgrown (ungrown? Definitely not ingrown, ick!) in the last two months laid out on my bedroom floor waiting to be cut up so I can make my “Fat Girl” quilt. See, if I cut up those pants they won’t sit in my closet, waiting for me to regain the weight and fit into them again. Yes, I will use whatever I can to control my sweet tooth. If I know I have to go out and buy new size (ha, you thought I’d slip that in there, didn’t you?) fat girl pants, I might be more likely to control my eating. Again, it could happen!

I lost another 10 pounds in September, bringing my total weight loss for the two month period to 26.5 pounds. Which led to me being able to wear my wedding ring again. Did I not mention that? No? See, about two years ago, I took off my wedding ring/engagement ring because, well, my fingers were fat and the rings were pinching them. Once they were off, they wouldn’t go back on. So sad. I wore a cheap ring I had laying around that used to fit my middle finger and called it good. Then I came across this really pretty ring at Kohl’s that I wore instead.

But a couple of a weeks ago, I though, hey, I’ve lost some weight. Let’s see if my wedding ring fits. And it does! Go me.

Tom and I canned fourteen jars of tomatoes. It was our first adventure with something so domestic and homey. It wasn’t fun. Not at all. I was ready to smash the lid of the canner over his head. He’s perhaps the most ‘by the book’ person I’ve ever met. I am not so much. I don’t think we should do this sort of thing together very often. It might take months for us to recover from this first experience. But when I use one of those jars of tomatoes to make chili or something savory and comforting on a cold winter day, I hope I’ll do so with fondness and warm memories flooding me rather than a dark desire to beat him senseless with the canning book my mom let us borrow. (Must return that book to her before it becomes a weapon.)

Overall, September was a good month. The girls continue to love school, the bus and all things fall. Tomorrow we’re going to find some fun Halloween decorations to put around the house. We already have an awesome spider we tie to the handrail at our front steps. It makes for a fun surprise for any visitors silly enough to come calling. We also have a creepy green skull I’ll find a place for. So much fun coming in the next month. What new, perhaps attainable goal will I set for myself in October? We’ll see, we’ll see…

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You need to post some pictures of your weight loss accomplishments!

Julie said...

You had a great September!! I love that you'll be able to look back and see how much you actually accomplished.

Love you!