Friday, December 23, 2011

And...Done

It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm done shopping and wrapping. I know, right?

I'm never done this early. For those of you who are usually done with all this before Thanksgiving? Bite me.

I'm usually awake at 2am on Christmas morning, wrapping until my fingers ache. But this year? Not so much. Go me!! And, get this...I wrapped right there on the kitchen counter while the girls raced past me from the living room to the family room and back again. Every so often, Alyssa would stop and ask me who the present I was wrapping at that moment was for. I'd just tell her it was a surprise.

It helped that I was able to get the gifts into generic boxes while they were out of the room and I realize this plan of attack might not work in years to come. But that's okay. It worked this year and that's what counts.

So, day before Christmas Eve and...done. Whew.

Tomorrow? We're not going anywhere except to pick up the annual Christmas Eve pizza from Pizza Hut late in the afternoon. I might bake some cookies, I might do some laundry, I might change the sheets but nothing HAS to be done and that? Is what I call Christmas vacation. All I can say is I'm glad my husband's name isn't Clark.

No comments: