Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Whole Day at Home

So...I promised Alyssa that we'd spend an entire day at home.

And I kept that promise. Sort of.

She got to spend the entire day at home.

I? Did not.

Neither did Olivia.

Olivia has had a cold/snotty, sniffly nose for two weeks. As we all know, Tom's all about medical professionals telling us what to do for this sort of thing.

So O and I went to Urgent Care this morning so we could pay a doctor $30.00 to tell us that she's got a cold and we need to give it at least another week before we worry. And already, she seems a little less snotty than she was yesterday.

I will give credit where it's due, though and say that they did do a strep test because O's throat is very red. She's fine, though. No strep. Just a cold that has to run its course.

After Urgent Care we hit Walmart, again. I know. We needed peanut butter. What can I say?

Then we went to Kohl's and I feel lucky that O still prefers to ride in the strollers there because I was able to get her something with her right there with me.

We came home, I made chocolate covered cherry fudge and chocolate peppermint cookies and then I wrapped the chocolates we bought for the bus drivers. At that point I realized I was out of decent sized pieces of wrapping paper so Olivia once again had to go with me to the dollar store where we picked up three more rolls.

And then I did something stupid...I got something out of the trunk of my car with Olivia standing right there with me, not thinking about the fact that, duh, that child has eyes and she can see right into the trunk.

A half hour after coming into the house she came up to me and asked, "Mommy? Can I have that pillow pet thing that is in your trunk?"

D'oh! I told her that she has to wait until Christmas and she said, "Please..?"

And she's waiting. But she's not happy about it. I told her it's a Christmas present and I'm sorry she saw it. She grinnedat me and said, "Please?"

Still waiting and right this second, she's distracted by Clark Griswold and his Chrismast vacation.

Sometimes, even a day at home just, well, isn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that was a very productive "day at home"!

And AW MAAAANNNN! About O seeing her gift. Been there. Not so fun. Oh well, at least you know she likes it! :p

Love ya!