Sunday, December 11, 2011

So Worth It

Julie's comment about making her party sound complicated...if it is complicated, she makes it seem so easy.

And her house was wonderful, as always. The cookies were sweet, the velvet chicken soup was hot and Olivia LOVED it (she had two bowls full), the kids were kind to each other, the games were fun and the hostess was exceptionally gracious.

We left home at 11:00, made it to Julie's at about 2:15 after two stops to pee, one stop to get food and a minor detour because I took the wrong road during one of the potty breaks.

And to give O her due, she had an amazing potty weekend. During our shopping trip yesterday, we went sans Pull Up. I decided to trust her with undies. I took extra pants and a Pull Up just in case, but she didn't have a single accident yesterday. All you 5p- moms get how amazing that is. She's 'only' five.

Today, because the trip was longer, I put her in a Pull Up but it stayed dry the entire drive. She peed when Alyssa and I did and held it the rest of the time. I know!!!

I love these parties, even with the three hour drive to get there. It's always so lovely to reconnect with friends I don't see nearly often enough. Julie and I have known each other for, oh, almsot twenty years and she has seen me at my best and worst and still hugs me when I see her. Heck, she still invites me to parties like this even having seen me at my very worst. Mandy has been my lovely skinny friend for over fifteen years. Mary, a beautiful woman I met through the March of Dimes is always so sweet and fun.

Julie's cousins are fun and their kids are so sweet.

I am so lucky to know these people, lucky that my kids are good travelers and lucky that I get to do things like this.

It's now 9:35pm, the girls are sound asleep, there's laundry in the washer and the dryer and a load that isn't going to fold itself in a basket in the family room. With all the fun we've had this weekend, nothing has gotten done around the house. And yes, it's still so worth it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad you came down but after you left, I was sad that we didn't really get any one-on-one time. It's difficult when you have a gazillion people in your house. I'm thrilled that you guys had fun and believe me, if O keeps eating that soup, she'll gain weight in no time. HAHA

Love you!!

Tiffany said...

That sounds so fun!! My Olivia loves soup too...she eats 2 or 3 bowls!