Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hey Santa...

I am incredibly blessed to not really have anything to ask Santa for this year. I've got so much.

I have two healthy daughters, a husband who works his butt off, a warm home, a good job.

Life is good and I feel greedy for asking for more.

One thing I might have asked for even a month ago was to have Olivia figure out the whole potty thing.

And...I hesitate to even write this but...we haven't had a potty accident in over three weeks. Okay, let me rephrase that. We haven't had a pee accident in over three weeks. She still prefers to poop in a pull-up. But get this, she comes and ASKS for a pull-up when she has to poop. I try putting her on the toilet at that time, but she can't relax, so a pull-up it is.

But the peeing? Is always in the potty.

As of January 3rd, when the girls go back to school, O will be wearing underwear to school instead of a pull-up. Because when she wears a pull-up? She pees in it. She knows she can. But she also knows that when she's wearing underwear, she needs to pee in the toilet.

The biggest obstacle she'll have at school is the fact that she'll have to actually talke to her teachers in order to use the bathroom there. Her teachers KNOW she can and does talk at home, so they're working on getting her to talk more at school. They use pictures and constantly tell her to use her words. We're going to give it the first week back and see how it goes. Obviously I'll be sending several outfits a day, just to be safe.

We'll see. But for now? Santa can concentrate on the other families this year. We're pretty darned lucky right this minute.

No comments: