Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Maybe It's the Weather

This funk isn’t abating. I’m so tired these days. I’m tired and cranky and headachy and grouchy and snarky and it’s not pretty or fun.

My husband watches the news morning and evening and I can’t stand it when our new president is on the screen. My skin literally crawls and I need to leave the room.

My husband thinks I’m overreacting so I don’t talk about it much anymore. But it festers.

I live in a very small, very rural, VERY conservative area of the country and I’m surrounded by white working class individuals who do not understand my angst…at all. They don’t want to hear even a little bit about how loathsome I find this man.

And because I live in the freaking Midwest, there hasn’t been any sunshine for weeks. It has rained here almost every single day for almost a month.

So yeah, maybe this funk is weather-related. Then again, maybe the weather feels the same way I do and just want to hibernate for the next four years.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I want to be part of your village!