Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pretty

There is a peach tree in my mom's back yard that is in full bloom. The bright pink blossoms thrill Olivia every single morning as we drive up my mom's driveway.

Yesterday morning, the first morning the flowers were fully opened, Olivia glanced out her window and gasped, "Look at Grammy's tree! It's pink!"

Ohh, how that girl loves her pink.

She asked, "Why is Gram's tree pink?"

I smiled as I unhooked the clasps on her carseat and told her, "Because it's a peach tree and those flowers might become peaches."

"It's so pretty," she sighed with contentment.

If Olivia had her way, the whole world would be covered in pretty. Everything would be soft and warm and pink and smell like lilacs.

This morning, just one day later, she again sighed with happiness when she saw the peach tree. "Such a pretty tree," she said as she walked up the ramp to go in my mom's house.

I love that she gets so much joy out of the pretty things in life. I love that she finds prettiness in just about everything. Blue flip-flops with a pretty jewel at the toe? Awesome.

Purple shorts to go with a white tank top? So stylish and perfect for her.

I love watching discover pretty things, watching her find the pretty in everyday moments. Dandelions are aplenty right now in our yard. Olivia loves these 'flowers.' She picks a bouquet of them daily for me. This amuses me so much. I love dandelions too, if only because they bring my baby such joy.

Here's to finding the pretty every single day, in the simplest things like a peach tree or a dandelion. Here's to living like a four year old, finding everything fresh and new even when you see it every day.

2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

That is so cute!!! I love that she thinks things are so beautiful. I want to see this tree! She is so sweet and innocent. And when I say innocent I mean, she is not corrupted with negative emotions, or other negative things. That is why children are so special! They see things as though they were looking through a pair of magical goggles. I love that! And I love how girly she is.

Ohh I was going to tell you, if you want me to make her a head band I would love too. Just let me know what her favorite things are. I know pinks and purples... but what else?

Tiffany said...

I am with her...I love just looking around and admiring all the pretty things.