Sunday, February 26, 2012

Calling it Good

As noted yesterday, the refrigerator is clean. And as of noon today, the basement stairs have been vacuumed.

I'm calling it a good weekend.

Even though the kitchen floor didn't get mopped and the upstairs bathrooms didn't get cleaned, I'm still calling it good.

Both girls got their hair washed today, the laundry is mostly put away and the cat is fluffy and no longer smells likke poop. That's definitely a good weekend.

Speaking of poop, Olivia finally managed a really big poop after working at it for two days. She's GOT to feel better which without a doubt means we've got it good.

I filled my car with gas today and managed to do so for under $50 (okay, so it was only 30 cents under $50 but I'm still calling it good.)

Tom and the girls let me sleep until 9:30 this morning and then, while he was off at antique stores and visiting his brother, I snoozed again in the recliner for about 45 minutes while Alyssa watched a movie and Olivia sat on my lap playing iwth a doll. That is absolutely my definition of good.

While there were moments of frustration and annoyance, I'm choose, today at least, to look at the good instead, to concentrate on my successes instead of my failure. Sometimes, it's more important to be my own biggest cheerleader than my own worst critic.

Today, I cheer.

No comments: